VACATION RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rental Rules and Regulations: A Booking Deposit must be paid in order to confirm this reservation. The Final Deposit is due 90 days prior to check-in. Please note that this reservation is not considered confirmed until we have received the required Booking Deposit within 48 hours.
TERMS: The following definitions will apply: “Agent” refers to Elite Pacific Properties LLC, a limited liability company duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Hawaii, having its administrative place of business at 4211 Waialae Avenue, Suite 106, Honolulu, HI 96816. “Owner” refers to the legal owner of the Property; “Guest” refers to the person or persons occupying the Property; and “Property” refers to the real property, its contents and related amenities rented to the Guest.
NO SMOKING: Guest agrees that there is to be no smoking in the unit, on any lanais, or on the property during occupancy. Guest will be responsible for any damage to the property caused by cigarettes and/or cigarette smoke.
BOOKING DEPOSIT/PAYMENT POLICY: A 30% Booking Deposit of the total Rental, Tax and Cleaning Charge is required to confirm the reservation. The balance, including the refundable security deposit, is due 90 days prior to arrival. Any reservations made within 90 days of arrival are due in full in order to have a confirmed reservation.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Guest shall inform Agent in writing of Guest’s intention to cancel the reservation. For reservations made through third parties, additional cancellation policies may apply. The cancellation policy is as follows:
- If Cancellation notice is received ninety or more days (90+) prior to the check-in date, a cancellation fee equal to 10% of the Reservation Total will be forfeited and the balance will be refunded within 7 days from receipt of written cancellation.
- If Cancellation notice is received less than ninety days (0-89) prior to the check-in date, the full booking amount of rent and taxes will be forfeited. The Security Deposit and any pre-collected cleaning fees will be refunded within 7 days from receipt of written cancellation. As courtesy to our Guest, if Agent is able to rebook any portion of the canceled reservation, Guest will be refunded to the extent that Agent is able to re-book the Property.
- Owner/Agent Cancellation Policy: In the unlikely event that the Property becomes unavailable for any part of the tenancy for reasons beyond the control of the Agent, Owner and/or Agent may cancel this Agreement and refund in full to the Guest all payments made. Agent will assist in procuring similar alternative accommodation should this situation arise. Guest agrees that any claims against Owner/Agent arising out of performance or non-performance under this agreement shall be limited to a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE-CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If you do not accept protection, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. This coverage can be added at the time of reservation or shortly thereafter, but not right before the trip. The policy cost is 6.95% of the total reservation costs. Click HERE to learn more about this important coverage or click HERE to view the detailed Description of Coverage.
- EXTENSION: The length of your stay may be extended subject to availability; however, there will be additional rental charges, taxes, and cleaning fees collected prior to extension start date in order to confirm extension.
- REDUCTION: All reductions in your length of stay must be submitted in writing more than 90 days prior to arrival, and are subject to a minimum stay. Adjustments in nightly rental rate may apply when reducing the total number of nights rented. Reductions in your length of stay made 0-90 days prior to arrival will not result in a refund or reduction of rent and taxes.
- CHANGE: Any request to change dates will be based on availability and timeliness of the request. Requests made more than 90-days prior to arrival will be made without penalty and will require a $150 Reservation Change Fee for the administrative costs associated with modifying a reservation and notifying all parties involved. Change requests made 0-90 days prior to arrival will require owner approval, a $150 Reservation Change Fee and if there is any reduction in the number of nights booked, guest will not be eligible for a refund on those nights as the standard Cancellation Policy would apply, as shown above.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: To offer you the best services possible, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy. However, to help protect your vacation investment you may want to purchase travel insurance to cover the costs of any potential changes to your itinerary.
PRIVATE PROPERTY: Guest acknowledges that the accommodation is a privately owned home or condominium as opposed to a hotel. As such, hotel-like amenities such as daily cleaning and bell service are not provided. Additional services can be requested with advanced notice at an additional cost.
PROPERTY CONDITION: A Property Condition Form must be completed and returned to Agent within 24 hours of arrival, wherein any existing damages or deficiencies must be reported. At check-out, Guest must leave the property in tidy condition, similar to that at move in. Cleaning crews will handle all major cleaning of linens, towels, kitchens, floors and bathrooms. However, excessive cleaning will be billed at $30/hour and will be charged to the Guest.
OCCUPANCY: The Property is for the sole use as a personal vacation residence for families and responsible adults. Occupancy is restricted to the number of people listed at the time of booking. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the Property for the entire length of stay and will not sublet. Tenant shall not use the Property for any illegal or unlawful purpose, nor shall the Property be used in a fashion that disturbs or offends the neighbors.
REPAIR AND SERVICE CALLS: Agent and owner do not guarantee against mechanical or electrical failure of air conditioning, fans, lights, televisions, VCRs, DVDs, or other equipment. Guest agrees to report any inoperative items to Agent promptly, and Agent agrees to make every effort to have maintenance done quickly and efficiently. Should a repair person conclude that equipment is in working order, or that failure was due to the actions of the Guest, then the charge for the service call will be billed to Guest and Guest agrees to pay the charge. No refund or rent deduction will be made due to failure of such equipment.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of:
- $1500 in coverage for Vacation Rental Damage Insurance for $29
- $3000 in coverage for Vacation Rental Damage Insurance for $49
- $5000 in coverage for Vacation Rental Damage Insurance for $89
Any damages that exceed the Policy Limit or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of the Policy Limit. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy here:
The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Elite Pacific Properties any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Elite Pacific Properties directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
RIGHT TO ENTER: If necessary, Owner or Agent or their designated vendors may enter the property in order to inspect or make necessary or requested repairs. Owner or Agent will give Guest at least 24 hours minimum notice before entering the Property, and will only enter during reasonable hours except in the case of emergency. Regular vendors to the property including, pool, yard, and cleaning services shall be allowed to enter at normally scheduled times.
INDEMNITY/DISPUTES/JURISDICTION: Guest agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Agent from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage, or injury to Guest and guests or their personal property. Owner and agent are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items. Guest is also aware of the inherent risks to person and property while occupying residences near the ocean or that have pool/Jacuzzi features.
Any and all claims, controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this contract/agreement, or the breach thereof, which remain unresolved after direct negotiations between the parties, shall first be submitted to confidential Mediation in accordance with the Rules, Procedures, and Protocols for Mediation of Disputes of Dispute Prevention & Resolution, Inc., then in effect. If any issues, claims or disputes remain unresolved after mediation concludes, the parties agree to submit any such issues to binding arbitration before one arbitrator in accordance with the Rules, Procedures, and Protocols for Arbitration of Disputes of Dispute Prevention & Resolution, Inc., then in effect. The parties further agree that the award of the arbitrator is binding upon the parties and that judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii. All disputes or claims pertaining to the Agreement shall be adjudicated in the State of Hawaii, County of Honolulu.
By confirming this reservation, I warrant that I have read, understand and agree to all of the terms set forth below, including, without limitation, the Cancellation Policy. I agree to abide by the restrictions stated in the House Rules for the property, as well as all terms of this Agreement.
I understand that Elite Pacific Properties, LLC is an agent for the owner. I further understand and represent that I will explain the Terms & Conditions to all individuals in my group who are authorized to stay at the property prior to their arrival. I am executing this Agreement on behalf of all individuals in my group, who agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set forth herein.
Any questions about the Terms and Conditions should be directed to a Reservations Manager or Property Manager.